Patience, Grasshopper. That’s what I keep telling myself as we continue to ride out these blustery days of March (Side note… the March Daychanger is up). A big fan of “living in the moment” I am, but also pretty ready for that moment to include some rays of sun. That’s why my weekend plans include a chilly walk, a warm beverage, indoor board games AND making Bunny Back Necklaces in fresh pastel colors. Hello Spring, are you listening?
Apparently, I’m not the only one anxiously awaiting sunny days. Now that Spring Training is officially underway, all the boys I know are smiling again like kids in a candy shop. They are not letting the weather rob them of any days in their season either – see frozen smiles and game pics below.
Now back to the Bunny Back Necklace project. I love this one… easy, quick, cheap, and fun!
DIY Bunny Back Necklaces
What you will need:
- Celebrate IT Decorative Easter Trim (A Michael’s TM Brand) I couldn’t find it available online, so you might have to go in to the shop for it.
- Necklace (I used a necklace I had already. You just want to make sure one end is small enough to slip through the holes in the bunny ears. Michaels has a lot of necklaces that will work for this project.)
- Metallic Pens (I used these Sharpie Oil-Based Paint Markers, Extra Fine Point)
- Pastel T-Shirt (I found mine in lemon yellow and mint green at Walmart for $2.97 and they are pretty nice!)
- Cadbury Creme Eggs 12ct(Okay, busted. A Cadbury Egg isn’t a requirement for this project, however, they are on the shelves already so let’s treat ourselves!)
Cut the bunnies off their twine banner.
Pick one and hold it with the pom-pom side up. At this point, you can thread the small end of the necklace through your bunny ears either behind or over the top. I tried it two ways and they both look cute.
Warm up your highlighter pen by shaking it pretty good, and practice writing with it on a blank piece of paper.
Pick your favorite bunny saying and use your Sharpie pen to jazz up your necklace.
Here are the ones I used…
A new pastel t-shirt isn’t exactly a “requirement” for this project, but the Bunny Back Necklaces sure do look great that way.
That’s it! An easy Easter craft for all the girls in your life who need a blast of Spring.
I celebrated a truly wonderful early birthday with my Pisces peep Lindy at my Aunt and Uncle’s cabin with the Ya-Yas last weekend, and now I’m making progress on my selfishness. I will probably share the Spring Cuffs and the Bunny Back necklaces!
More Ways to Make It Through Winter
- Learn how to blow a good bubble and then frame the memory. I actually think it would be fun to try and get a family photo of us all with the perfect bubble, but that is probably wishful thinking.
- Watch this little guy see clearly for the first time (Side note…I hope this is me today when I pick up my new glasses)
- Check out the Haunted Sites of Oregon. (This came up because there is some talk around the Cabin we were at last weekend being haunted. This was confirmed by doors closing themselves in the middle of the night. I did my research and there are actually a lot of haunted sites in Oregon. Some on this list were a BIG surprise to me! I guess the ghosts, like many Californians, have figured out this is a pretty great place to live… lol)
- For some reason I have grasshoppers on my mind now. Sounds like the perfect time to whip up a Grasshopper Pie. I think you can buy the Oreo crust premade. Need to check with Mom on that
- Invest in these cute new Spring liner socks
What are your plans for the weekend? Whatever they are, I hope they are filled with fun and friends who’ve got your bunny back.