The funny thing is, when you write a blog post about the Denver Broncos winning the Super Bowl, you find out that there were a lot of people rooting for the other team. That surprised me, but life is full of surprises. In honor of Cam Newton and the Panthers fans that may be down on their luck this week, here’s a post for you.
Are You Camscanning? Psst..it’s Free!
One of the benefits of getting older (and let’s admit it, there are so many), is that we have a greater appreciation for advancement in technology, because we had to walk miles in the snow everyday and get where we needed to go by reading a map. I have trouble keeping up with all the mobile apps that will add hours to my life and organize me, but one that does “draw an awe” is CamScanner. It’s available for free download here:
Gone are the days of listening to the slow hum of the scanner and watching the light move across the glass. CamScanner has other features, but I started using it because it allows me to take a picture with my phone or tablet and e-mail it out as a PDF. Here are some pretty simple, but very useful, ways to take advantage of this application:
- Send receipts to your insurance company
- Scan and save all your tax-related documents
- Grab some edible text out of a book
- Students can use it to save blackboard writings, and then search and scan for the information later
- Keep track of your travel… scan passports, flight tickets, checklists, hotel reservations and addresses and be able to access them locally without wifi
- Make a travel journal by taking your favorite pictures and importing them to be a document, so that you can jot down notes and memories
- Capture pictures of your children’s artwork
The best part about using CamScanner is that it’s allowing me time to catch up with the cool crowd, which apparently I need to put more effort in to, since my daughter recently clued me in to an area where I am behind. She said I’m not using enough “emojis.”
I don’t want to be the only one in the world not using enough emojis, so I am planning to use my extra time savings from CamScanner to give this iMoji app a try and make my own: iMoji
However, if you are older than me, you might have bigger problems than not using enough emojis, you may not know your STC. Here’s a quick way to catch up:
Image found here.
I don’t know about you Cam, but I’m feeling better about the day already. Anyone know of other life-changing apps to keep this blog crowd ahead of the game, please let me know?! If you want to get a head start, here’s a look in to the future of what your day might look like in 2020.
P.S. Want more content? Go to Windlasse.com and, on the left-hand side, register to receive free updates by e-mail as quickly as we can churn them out. You can unsubscribe at any time.